Thursday, November 4, 2010

Regia Kaffe Fassett Design Sock Yarn at Yarn Supply

Regia Kaffe Fassett Design Sock Yarn at Yarn Supply

I have not knit a pair of socks in three years, since the sight loss.

I tried and tried, several times.

Finally, I set the sock yarn and needles aside and knew that I had to just take baby steps in regaining my knitting skills again. Mostly, for the past three years, I have knitted dish cloths and towels in cotton; Swing Jackets from Lion Brand Homespun yarn; and some Prayer Shawls for friends who have disabilities and some for myself to keep around my shoulders on cold winter days. I love to knit but it has been a challenge for me. I still cannot pick up a dropped stitch, or tear down a row or two to fix a mistake. My friend, Chris has done this for me when I am in a "fix."

Now, I have recently had a class in how to do the Magic Loop with a circular needle, knitting in the round. I belong to a fantastic group of blind crafters in a group called _ Krafter's Korner_ It is a division of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) organization. I signed up for this group on-line when I heard about it through another blind friend. Through contact with this group I have regained my confidence that I, too, can learn how to do more complicated patterns and be successful. So, with this in mind, I have ordered some stunning sock yarn, and some Addi Turbo circular needles that are super flexible. I am planning to knit a pair of socks again, using my new Addi Turbo's and my Kaffe Fassett yarns. I have ordered this yarn through http://www.yarnsupply.com and it arrived very quickly. The yarn looks wonderful.

This has motivated me to give it a try again. Learning to be patient, and willing to do things over and over again, with determination, is now my life style. Some days I still want to breeze through tasks, but then I get very frustrated and anxious when I do. I have to just tell myself to slow down, and enjoy the experience of re-learning things I used to do so easily.

The new yarn has inspired me to try and try and try again, to make socks.

I love to wear handmade socks. They feel so comforting and cozy on my feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your message on this article. Please take a moment to respond. Thanks.