Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Walking by Inner Vission

This new blog will discuss issues of sight loss and blindness as I am experiencing them daily in my life as an artist and author. I was Professor of Fine Arts and Humanities at Geneva College, Beaver Falls, PA until sudden sight loss changed my life and my occupation.

There was no warning or indication that I would ever lose my sight. On January 1, 2007 I lost my eyesight in my right eye. The diagnosis is Ischemic Optic Neuropathy. I continued on teaching my classes, leading trips to Europe and Puerto Rico that year. I adjusted to the use of only one eye. Then, just as suddenly as the first episode, in October 2007 I experienced the same sudden loss of vision in my left eye.

Since that time, I have begun to learn how to walk using the inner vision that we all have. It has been an interesting journey over the past two years. I will write this blog to share my journey, _Walking by Inner Vision_

I am still interested in all the things that I had a passion for before sight loss. I still love art, poetry, literature, and music. I still love traveling and meeting exciting new people that I encounter on my pathway. Most of all, I find that I love hearing the stories of others who have had vision loss and learning how they do things and how they now see the world. I will share my own vision through this blog.

I am always open to hearing from others. You may have sight loss, or you may have a friend of family member who has sight loss. Please write to me at my email address if you have questions, comments, or just want to chat with me. Let's keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your message on this article. Please take a moment to respond. Thanks.